• cms_block_content_7

I'm looking for a beekeeper interested in placing a hive at my home

Roy Geiger

My wife and I are interested in being contacted by a beekeeper who might be interested in placing a hive here on our property in the Forest Ridge subdivision in Sterling, VA. We only have a quarter acre site which is mostly wooded -- and we haven't discussed this with our neighbors yet. We'd like to invite an interested beekeeper to contact us and come visit our site to see if such a partnership is feasible.  Thanks! Roy Geiger, gei2@verizon.net or phone/text -- 703-401-3934 

Hi Roy:

This would have been perfect for us a few years ago. We just moved from Sterling to Clarke County and have our hives on our property now.

Note that startups usually occur in the early spring and we're beyond that now, so next year is more likely.

Also note that a startup for one hive is around $500 (plus a few hundred more for first time beekeepers) and the maintenance requirements aren't trivial. Just some food for thought.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...