• cms_block_content_7

BeeKeeping Phone Apps

wags

I personally only use the camera on my phone to take photos of interesting things happening inside and outside my hives. Since I usually have more than twenty active colonies in my yard, instead of keeping a detailed beekeeping journal I keep shorthand notes written in Sharpie on duct tape on top of each hive. Then I take a photo of each hive top as I finish working it and make any notes. I've just begun playing with the Evernote app to allow me to better sort and archive my hive-top notes and photos. 

hivetopnotes.jpg.11ad06663c1ac4ff1a89c0bd7db6f605.jpg

Some beekeepers like HiveTracks, but I have not tried it. 

https://hivetracks.com/index.php

• 3 weeks later...

I tried Apiary Book - it is super comprehensive (almost too comprehensive). It would work for a small or large operation. It also has tons of tutorials (which you would need) on how to use it. It wasn't terribly intuitive but I think after watching a couple of the tutorials it would make sense. 

In the end I created a Google Form to capture my inspections which sent them to a Google Sheet. It works well for the way I think about things. I posted it here.