• cms_block_content_7

Land for Beekeeper in Leesburg - Great for Newbie

Ashley Palmer

I have an interesting situation that I hope will fit someone's needs. I managed 2 hives in an outyard off Routes 7 and 9 on the outskirts of Leesburg. The property owner is wonderful to work with, lots of flowers, natural areas, and a vineyard nearby. Last winter, both hives didn't make it through the winter, and I didn't have the opportunity to start them again. I'd like to start the hives up again now, but I'm not sure that I'd have all the time necessary to do so. 

Ideally, I'm looking for someone to start hives at that outyard and to partner with me in maintaining them. I can provide all the boxes, frames, and misc. equipment, as well as 3 years of experience to help out with the hives. It would be great for someone new to beekeeping to get started. Beekeeping is my passion, so I don't want to quit entirely, and I thought this might be able to help out someone who wants to start beekeeping, but doesn't have land or supplies.

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to hearing from anyone who might be interested.