• cms_block_content_7

Where to buy hives and bees

Zafar

Any recommendation where to buy 3 or 4 hives and bees? I am thinking to keep them in my backyard for hobby. I have a small single family, less than 0.5  acre but backyard is towards large woods. I have limited knowledge of bee keeping.

Thank you in advance

6 hours ago, Zafar said:

Any recommendation where to buy 3 or 4 hives and bees? I am thinking to keep them in my backyard for hobby. I have a small single family, less than 0.5  acre but backyard is towards large woods. I have limited knowledge of bee keeping.

Thank you in advance

Zafar,

I would strongly advise you to do a lot of reading before trying to install livestock (bees/animals) in your back yard. Also, take the LBA beekeeping course, arrange your equipment, and prepare for this adventure in animal husbandry. This is a bit more complicated than getting a puppy or kitten from the animal shelter. 
Beekeeping Basics_agrs93.pdf
Please start by reading the attached Beekeeping Basics pdf. Once you've read that you can visit our queen and nuc sellers forum to see who has bees available.

https://www.loudounbee.org/products-and-services/buy-nucs-and-queens.html/

Best of luck!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Thank you Bret for sharing this info. I will definitely read it before starting. I will check on the LBA course also. Again thank you for your reply and sharing this info.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Bret, this is really helpful information. Thank you!  My husband & I are definitely interested in Beekeeping. I will take the course, as soon as, it's available. We just recently purchased a 10 acre land in Middleburg. We plan to turn the property into Horticultural & Agricultural use. I will be needing a lot of info & support for sure since i'm new to this venture. Hopefully, my husband & I can make this work!  We are very excited :D