• cms_block_content_7

Please HELP - MANY bees outside and (now) inside our home

Jamie

We experienced a large swarm of bees at our home on Friday, 4/22.  I am pretty sure they are honey bees ... though I do not know much about bees at all.  

I wanted to attach a video from Friday ... and then a photo from yesterday - but am unable.  There is MUCH less outside activity than there was on Friday ... However, we have seen quite a few in our home in the basement (many of them dead on the window sills).  Also, when we showed our son the video, he and his friends recalled hearing a lot of buzzing in the vents ... on the weekend of 4/16 (!!).  We had not heard about this until Saturday.

If you could, please get back to me about what we could do about this problem.  We are afraid they are building/have built a hive in our home somewhere.  I know that honey bees are protected by law ... but we don't want them invading our home - so we please need advice on what to do.

We live in Leesburg.

Thank you so very much for your time and help with this!

Most Sincerely,
Jamie Semler 
(703) 932-4524

Hi Frank,

OH, it's certainly still an issue!  Looks like we have a comfy home for some bees ... guess they are entering a space in our wall above the vent ... not IN the vent (someone just came out and had a look).  If you know of a contractor that would be willing to work with a beekeeper, please let me know.  

THANK YOU for asking!
Jamie