• cms_block_content_7

'New bee' moving to Purcellville

Mike Larson

I am a NVBA member and just completed the Beginner Beekeeper class (Jan 22, 2017). I just submitted request to join LBA as well. We are making the big move to Purcellville this Friday (Jan 27, 2017).  I have committed to 2 Italian nucs (both Medium 8 frame). We are looking forward to meeting other members and hopefully find a local mentor.

Mike and Leslie Larson

Mike & Leslie,

Welcome to Loudoun County! I look forward to meeting you at one of our future club meetings. Congratulations on making the leap into becoming beekeepers. I hope you find it as fascinating and rewarding as most of the rest of us do.

Once your membership is approved I encourage you to start reading through these forums. You'll find you're not alone when it comes to having questions.

Best of luck!

Hi Leslie and Mike,

welcome to Purcellville! Im just north of town, and i have a small beekeeping supply store, so I guess we might meet at some point. There are a lot of beekeepers in the area. 

Beekeeping is a great hobby and you never stop learning. I feel like The more you learn the more you realize how little you know. 

The next LBA meeting is on 2/7/17. It would be great if you would be able to join us!

Good luck with your bees! ? 

Edited by Kristina